Trauma Evaluation and Management® (TEAM®) introduces the concepts of trauma assessment and management to medical students and junior trainees during their clinical years. The core content is adapted from the American College of Surgeons (ACS) Advanced Trauma Life Support® (ATLS®) course. Developed by the ATLS Committee of the ACS Committee on Trauma, TEAM is an expanded version of the ATLS "Initial Assessment and Management" lecture.
- Understand the fundamental principles of initial assessment and management.
- Identify the correct sequence of priorities used in assessing the injured patient.
- Identify the concepts related to teamwork in caring for the injured patient.
- Describe strategies for injury prevention.
- Rapid, accurate, and physiologic assessment of trauma patient's condition
- Resuscitation, stabilization, and monitoring of trauma patient, according to priority.
- Preparation for trauma patient's inter-hospital transfer.
- Introduction of concepts of injury prevention strategies.